Making and Decorating the Perfect Christmas Cake
Christmas would not be complete without a wonderful Christmas cake. Join us and learn how to make and decorate this classic treat.
The classes will be taught by Sarah Hughes, founder of Applebox Cake Studio, Herefordshire. Sarah was Three Counties Designer of the Year 2017, as well as Herefordshire Wedding Cake Designer of the Year 2017. Sarah produces cakes that are stunning to look at and simply delicious to eat. Inspiring others to experiment, create and take artistic baking to a new level is Sarah's driving passion.
£30 each individual course or book 2 for £55.00
Making the perfect Christmas cake
Wendesday 24th October 2018
- The traditional Christmas cake
- Cake tin size, selection and preparation
- Oven temperatures and considerations
- Fruit selection and preparation
- Ingredient selection and role in the baking process, including dietary consideration
- Creating the cake
- Baking times, cooling down and storage
- Homemade marzipan v shop bought
- Making pecan marzipan
- Decorating considerations in preparation for the decorating demo
Once you have learnt how to bake the perfect Christmas Cake, why not join our second demonstration Christmas Cake Decorating Masterclass which is scheduled to take place on Wednesday 12th December 2018 and covers everything you need to make an iced masterpiece!
How to decorate your Christmas cake
Wednesday 12th December 2018
This fantastic demonstration covers everything you need to make an iced masterpiece for Christmas!
- The traditional decorated Christmas cake v new techniques (Royal icing/Fondant icing/Airbrushing/Modelling/Use of crystallised/dehydrated fruit etc.
- Cake and cake board preparation
- Marzipan layer
- Demonstration of icing techniques and creating decorations
- Finishing touches
Please note that cake making and decorating kits prepared by Applebox will be available to purchase.