Wine Spirit Education Trust - Level 1 Award in Wines
6 October 2018
10.00am to 4.00pm
£140 per person
A fully immersive, interesting and fun one-day wine course, including wine tasting and other practical activities provided by WSET Approved Programme Provider, Jane Kimberlin, of Kimberlin Wine Education. The Level 1 Award in Wines is suitable for wine enthusiasts and for those preparing for their first job working with wine. It is a professional qualification which comes with full accreditation from the UK government's Qualifications and Examinations Regulator. The course introduces candidates, at entry level, to the main styles of wine available, wine storage and service and the pairing of food and wine. There are no entry requirements for this qualification although candidates must be of legal drinking age in the UK to take the course.
On completion of the course candidates will be able to show:
- An understanding of the main types and styles of wines available
- Understanding of how to store wines
- Knowledge of how to serve wines to customers
- Awareness of issues relating to the safe comsumption of wine
- Understanding of the basic principles of food and wine pairing
Features of the course:
- Wine Tasting: Learn how to taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting. 9 wines will be tasted as part of the course.
- Study Materials: Students will receive the Level 1 Award Certificate of Study Guide at the start of the course.
- Duration of Course: 1 day inclusive of examination.
- Examination: 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% is required to pass.
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
A light lunch and beverages will be provided.